Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mind if I park it here?

ADVENTURE - ad·ven·ture   [ad-ven-cher] ad·ven·tured, ad·ven·tur·ing. noun
1. an exciting or very unusual experience.

Hey, everyone! In case you had been hoping that I have safe and smooth travels, I figured I would start this trip off with some crazy. :) Long story short, I was originally to fly from Chicago (at 3AM) to Guatemala, to Costa Rica, then down to Lima Peru, then to Arequipa Peru to spend the night to fly to my first "final" destination in Cuzco. Cheap tickets come with a price, after all, I guess. Haha.

So I finally arrive in Lima at about 4PM local time today, and I'm informed by the airline that I was actually to fly to Arequipa TOMORROW night and spend the night there, to fly to Cuzco on Tuesday night. And this would not work, being that our Machu Picchu train tickets have already been purchased for Tuesday.

So to really give this trip a good beginning, I get to pay the airline a substantial fee to change my itinerary in order to fly out at 5:40AM tomorrow. I also get to pay the same amount I would pay for one MONTH'S worth of rent for one night at a hotel here in the capital city of Lima. The great part is that I actually find it genuinely funny. Did I mention they lost one of my bags? Lol... it will be arriving in Cuzco tomorrow morning, where I can pick it up.
The Presidential Suite at El Principe Hostal
Random airplane park-job in Costa Rica. ("Ehhhh THIS seems like a good spot... I don't like that stretchy tube thingy anyways...")
The bus that took us from the runway to the actual airport, literally dodging incoming prop airplanes on their way in.
Nice view from the bus of the Costa Rican landscape.

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by. :) More to come after Machu Picchu, and tons will be in store when I finally get to Magdalena.

Jordan

3 comments: